SHEET METAL STRUCTURED PACKING
SHEET METAL STRUCTURED PACKING (KUBPAK SERIES)
- Metal Structured Packing has high mass transfer surface area & because of shorter columns, it is suitable for close boiling components.
- It ensures no channeling of liquid and requires minimum liquid redistribution due to its structured arrangement.
- It provides low liquid hold-up.
- Refinery & petrochemical columns
- Wastewater treatment stripping columns.
- Atmospheric and high pressure columns.
The following sizes are available in Sheet Metal Structured Packing X and Y type:
KUBPAK 125 X, KUBPAK 125 Y, KUBPAK 210 X, KUBPAK 210 Y, KUBPAK 250 X, KUBPAK 250 Y, KUBPAK 350 X, KUBPAK 350 Y, KUBPAK 500 X, KUBPAK 500 Y, KUBPAK 750 X, KUBPAK 750 Y
|Material of Construction||Stainless Steel, Nickel Based Alloys, Hastelloy, Titanium, Tantalum, Monel|
|Application||Standard application, Moderate Vacuum to High pressure, Low to high liquid loading|
|Key Characteristics||F-factor : 1.2 to 3.5
Surface Area : 125 to 750 m2/m3NTSM: 1 to 4.4
It typically consists of a thin corrugated metal plate that is specially designed to use in distillation and absorption columns, as well as chemical reactors.
Random packing uses a random distribution of small packing materials to assist in the separation process, while structured packing uses larger, fixed packing structures.
It has high flux and small resistance, make high distillation efficiency. Also, has a low-pressure drop, which leads to reduces energy consumption largely.
It is widely used in basic chemical column and petrochemical fields.